Charlotte Designs recognises that it has a responsibility to the environment beyond legal and regulatory requirements. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods. We will encourage customers, suppliers and other stakeholder to do the same.
We endeavour to:
- Comply with all regulatory requirements.
- Continually improve and monitor environmental performance and reduce environmental impact.
- Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions.
- Minimise the use of paper in the office and reduce packaging as much as possible.
- Seek to buy recycled and recyclable paper and office products.
- Evaluate if renting and sharing is an option before purchasing equipment.
- Reuse and recycle all paper and other office supplies where possible.
- Evaluate the environmental impact of any new products we intend to purchase.
ENERGY and WATER
We will seek to:
- Reduce the amount of energy used as much as possible.
- Switch off lights and electrical equipment when not in use.
- Adjust heating with energy consumption in mind.
- Take energy consumption and efficiency of new products into account when purchasing them.
- Reduce the need to travel, restricting to necessary trips only.
- Promote the use of travel alternatives such as e-mail or video/phone conferencing.
- When replacing our vehicles, we will favour ‘green’ vehicles and maintain them rigorously to ensure ongoing efficiency.
MAINTENANCE and CLEANING of PAINT PRODUCTS
- Use cleaning materials that are as environmentally friendly as possible.
- Use paints that are as environmentally friendly as possible and encourage our clients to do the same.
- Only use licensed and appropriate organisations to dispose of waste.
MONITORING and IMPROVEMENT
- Comply with all relevant regulatory requirements.
- Continually improve and monitor environmental performance.
- Continually improve and reduce environmental impacts.
- Incorporate environmental factors into business decisions and with training.
- Update this policy at least once annually in consultation with staff and other stakeholders where necessary.
- Provide staff with relevant environmental training.
- Work with staff, supplier, contractors and subcontractors to improve their environmental performance.
- Use local labour and materials where available to reduce CO2 and help the community.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us.
If you have any queries about the information we hold on you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Updated 8th April 2019