This Privacy and Cookies Policy (‘the Policy’) (together with any other of our terms and conditions, and any other documents referred to in them) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide, will be processed by us. Please read this Policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
We will only use your personal data in the manner set out in this Policy and in a way that is fair to you. We will only collect personal data where it is necessary for us to do so and where it is relevant to our dealings with you. We will only keep your personal data for as long as it is relevant to the purpose for which it was collected or for as long as we are required to keep it by law.
The Policy sets out (1) who we are and describes (2) the information we collect (3) how we use your information (4) where we store your information and (4) giving your consent.
1. Who we are
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations (the “Regulations”), the data controller is Charlotte Designs, located at The Old Bakehouse, Watling Street, Potterspury
Northants, NN12 7QD
Our registration number with the Information Commissioner’s Office is ZA331800.
We will refer to Charlotte Designs as (‘Company, “us”, “we”, or “our”) which operates https://www.charlottedesigns.co.uk “Site”.
The user of our Site and other business or personal contacts that we deal with as customers or suppliers are referred to as ‘you’ or ‘your’.
This Policy explains what happens to any personal data that you provide, or that is collected from you as part of our usual business, marketing and/or accessing our Site.
The majority of the data that we collect and store will be business data relating to the customer that we are dealing with. However, as part of our business and marketing processes we will be collecting and using limited personal data to include customers names, email addresses, addresses and mobile phone numbers (where applicable).
We use your such personal information only for providing you with quotes on our services and to ensure that we keep in touch with our customer base with targeted emails and marketing content. We are aware that customers and suppliers will also be accessing our website and that by accessing the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this Policy.
2. Information we Collect
We collect information from you when you:
(i) use our website (in the form of “traffic data”,
(ii) complete our on-line contact form (by means of “persistent cookies”),
(iii) request a quotation and/or show an interest in our services;
(iv) supply to us.
While using our Site and undertaking business with us, with the view to supply or purchase our expertise, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your name (“Personal Information”).
As part of this process we may collect and process the following Personal Information about you:
1. Your title, name, address, email address, telephone numbers, business name, payment details and such other contact details as we require. This includes information provided at the time of accessing our Site or otherwise entering into discussions with us regarding our products and services, as well as targeted marketing purposes ‘Our Business’.
2. Not all of this data will be personal data.
3. If you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence.
We collect information you give us when you register or use our Site, including asking us to contact you. We require only the information we need to provide a service to you, such as your name, postal address, telephone number and email address. Where we would like more information to help us improve our services, over and above the basic required information, it will be clear that your response is voluntary and you are free not to provide us with more information if you would prefer not to do so.
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyse this.
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Like many sites, we may use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
(3) How we use your information
We use your information to provide you with Our Business. As part of this we may also contact you for market research purposes (to include regular polls), targeted marketing (including newsletters and promotional material) with regards to our business and to help improve our customer service.
We will also use your information in the following ways:
1. To ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
2. To provide you with information regarding our business, quotations and proposals.
3. To deal with our suppliers.
4. To provide you with billing information in relation to our business.
5. To manage the Site, detect fraud or Site abuses, send you information relevant to the Site and in case we have any queries.
6. To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
7. To notify you about changes to Our Business.
8. To provide you with information about services or events we offer that we feel may be of interest to you.
9. We also need to use your contact details and other information for any aspect of the Site (including, without limitation, providing customer support, preventing or investigating prohibited activity, enforcing our terms and conditions, and verifying information).
The Right to deletion and correction
We try to ensure we have the correct Personal Information on you, You may ask us to remove you from our email alert lists at any time by emailing the email address provided below.
We will also offer you the option of correcting your details and of being removed from future email alerts when we send you an email alert. You can ask to stop receiving emails by using the unsubscribe links contained within the acknowledgement emails when you register on the site, request quotations, speak to a member of our team or request a brochure. You also have the right to access information held about you by emailing our contact email address.
When we share your information
We may disclose your information to third parties in certain circumstances, but we will not sell, rent or trade your Personal Information.
We may share your information with another organisation that buys our company or our assets, or with another organisation from which we acquire a company or business, and in the course of any preceding negotiations with that organisation, which may or may not lead to a sale.
We may share your information with our funders or potential funders, such as our bank and with our professional advisors who have a reasonable need to see it.
We may share your information with any group companies of ours so that they can provide you with information about our products and services available from them. We may provide anonymous aggregated data to reputable third parties on a commercial basis.
(4) Where we store your personal data
1. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. We use industry standard security and firewalls on our servers.
2. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of your information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
3. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
4. Only authorised personnel have access to your information.
5. We will keep your information secure by taking appropriate technical and organisational measures against its unauthorised or unlawful processing and against its accidental loss, destruction or damage.
Transfers of Data in Europe
Data protection legislation is harmonised throughout the European Economic Area (‘EEA’) which comprises the EU member states, Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein. Countries outside the EEA do not generally have the same level of protection for personal information as those within the EEA. We do not anticipate the need to transfer your data in Europe and it is unlikely we will need to transfer data outside the EEA.
The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of those websites, please note that those websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those policies. Please check those policies before you submit any personal data to those websites.
1 By submitting data to us and using the Site, you consent to our use of your data and of anyone you represent in the manner set out in this Policy (as amended from time to time, as described below) and you are responsible for ensuring that you have authority to consent on behalf of anyone about whom you submit data to us.
2 You can revoke any consent you have given us under this Policy at any time by contacting Sarah Hodgkins at the above address and referencing this Policy in the email subject line, using the body of the email to say what consent you are revoking.
Changes to This Policy
This Policy is effective as of 16th April 2018 and will remain in effect except with respect to any changes in its provisions in the future, which will be in effect immediately after being posted on this page.
We reserve the right to update or change this Policy at any time and you should check this Policy periodically. Your continued use of our business after we post any modifications to this Policy will constitute your acknowledgment of the modifications and your consent to abide and be bound by the modified Policy.
If we make any material changes to this Policy, we will notify you either through the email address you have provided us, or by placing a prominent notice on our Site.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us.
If you have any queries about the information we hold on you, please email email@example.com
Last Updated 8th April 2019
Drop Us a Line
Let us know if you have any questions or want to talk through your ideas. We don’t charge for chatting, so don’t be shy!